Title: Head of Stores
Reporting to: C.O.O., C.M.O, & C.E.O.
Location: Washington D.C., Boston, MA., or Los Angeles
The primary role of the Head of Stores is to plan, direct and oversee the strategic and daily business activities of all the Liberty Cannabis Retail Cannabis Dispensary’s. The Head of Stores will be responsible for of customers (both external and internal), while managing a profitable and growing business. This includes achieving budgeted sales, profitability, productivity, expense control, remarkable customer service and store standards, and developing internally and/or recruiting externally store management teams and their associates for future growth of the organization.
- Must have proven track record leading a multi-unit business with strategic initiatives and vision in an ever changing and competitive industry
- Exercised P&L and line accountability
- Experience in a turn-around or fix-it challenge
- Management and development of people
- Focus on delivering highest level of customer service
- Must be able to create and execute detailed plans relating to annual business strategy, project-specific time/action planning, customer acquisition and retention planning, and cross-functional project planning consistent with attending and contributing to broad company initiatives. Proven track record of making plan and delivering on numbers.
- Directs and drives innovation through the retail stores POS System and Retail related Information Systems in partnership with internal and third-party vendors.
- Oversees and innovates Liberty National Rewards and Loyalty Program.
- Due to the magnitude and visibility of this position, must have demonstrated success in partnering with the Company's business leaders to achieve ongoing positive business impact.
- Strong results orientation, persistence and tenacity to drive efforts beyond concept to implementation through store teams.
- Collaborates with the field leadership team to monitor, analyze, report and improve upon store management and associate incentive programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to listen with patience, understand non-verbal communication cues, and speak with confidence to various levels within the organization.
- Strong leadership skills to include managing, influencing, organizing and developing teams of people to enhance skills, increase productivity and focus on the customer and highest priority activities
- Proven success with attracting, developing and mentoring talent so as to improve the team's performance and productivity.
- Directs and influences the store opening process to achieve process and cost efficiencies across the field leadership, visual merchandising, real estate, operations and HR teams.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Include, but not limited to):
- Serve as the liaison between retail stores and COO. Responsible for all communication to field and funneling communication from internal departments to the field.
- Execute company initiatives and strategy at the retail level.
- Develop selling and operational training programs for Liberty stores and brand. Manage and improve training tools as needs of business change.
- Coordinates the installation of store support services and systems such as POS, Loyalty, music, alarm, fire, security, etc.
- Manages the Store Standards Review process, recommending and implementing policy changes as necessary.
- Manages the store operations manual and recommend policy and procedure updates.
- Oversee daily retail operations: including store maintenance, inventory, logistics and loss prevention.
- Oversee the compliance of stores with matching regulatory authority. Lead compliance and license process with new stores as they are added in current or future markets.
- Works with visual merchandising and contractors to acquire fixtures and materials for projects.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years relevant and progressive experience.
- BA or BS degree, master’s preferred in Business, Marketing, Communications, or the Liberal Arts – or the equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Relevant work experience in planning, with understanding of all phases of retail operations.
- Progressive responsibility/experience in management within retail stores, operations, or finance.
- Previous experience in multiple-store operational and fiscal management.
- Retail and outdoor industry experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of individuals, lead change and inspire work toward a common goal.
- Track record of establishing and implementing processes and executing to a clear goal.
- Travel required: 50% or more.
- Prior Cannabis industry experience a plus, but will consider applicants with experience from any dynamic industry with a focus on lifestyle, compliance, and excellence.
Holistic Industries offers benefits that reflect our commitment we have to our employees.
● Competitive Compensation
● Comprehensive health, optical dental insurance, 401K
● Paid vacation and holidays
Please note, drug testing and a background check is a requirement for employment.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link and complete the application, as well as upload your resume: