Title: Director of Operations
Reporting to: C.O.O., C.E.O.
Location: Gardena, CA
In this multi-faceted role, the Director of Operations serves as brand ambassador, patient advocate, staff mentor, supervisor and general manager.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess 5 to 10 years of progressive management experience, including new business start-up experience. They will provide effective leadership in order to ensure they are exceeding expectations every day. The position will directly oversee the managers of cultivation, manufacturing (concentrates and edible cannabis products), and the retail dispensary. Candidate should be proficient in business planning, reporting and budgeting. The ideal candidate will serve as the brand ambassador, patient advocate, staff mentor, supervisor and general manager for Holistic Industries’ business in Los Angeles – and will be looked upon to assist in expanding the company throughout the state. This role will be responsible for the day to day management of over 50 staff within a large manufacturing facility and retail store.
Responsibilities (Include, but not limited to):
● Accountable for P & L performance
● Ensure all operational SOP’s are followed as outlined in Holistic Industries Policies and Procedures
● Oversees inventory management to ensure inventory is consistently accurate, up to date, effectively ordered and replenished, and that the company is compliant with all the statutes of the California Cannabis regulations and the Los Angeles Cannabis regulations.
● Maintain a positive working environment
● Oversees product quality control
● Maintain relationships with state officials and lead periodic compliance inspections
● Maintains the facility in line with all city and state regulations
● Compile and submit reports to executive management
● Coordinate with vendors who maintain the facility
● Coordinate with security team to ensure security of the staff, facility and products
● Maintain facility schedules
● Oversees all store visual merchandising
● Liaises with local community, area health providers and manages patient outreach and educational programing
● Analyzes data and reports in order to recommend product promotions, adjust schedules, improve profitability and cost management
● Solid understanding of store economics and ability to interpret and act on store KPI data
● Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable
● Setting and achieving financial goals
● Manage weekly meetings between department management and leads
● Conduct facility tours
Desired Skills and Abilities:
● Knowledge and understanding of cannabis state laws
● Proficient in Excel and MS Office products.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Excellent management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
● Previous experience in multiple-store operational and fiscal management.
● Ability to manage competing concerns through strong decision-making and partnering skills.
Holistic Industries offers benefits that reflect our commitment we have to our employees
-Comprehensive health and dental insurance
-Paid vacation and holidays
Please note, a background check is a requirement for employment.
To Apply For This Position, please click on the following link and complete the application, as well as upload your resume: