Title: Director of Compliance
Reporting to: CEO, COO
Location: D.C. Metro area, servicing D.C., MD, MA, PA, CA and any additional markets
Holistic Industries and Liberty Cannabis is an industry leader in the medical and adult-use cannabis industry. Our ideal candidate has a degree, or significant professional experience, with a focus in law and/or Compliance and Risk Management. This role will be responsible for reviewing, revising, training, and overseeing the company’s compliance in state and municipal medical and adult use cannabis markets. The Compliance Officer will ensure that the company’s operations and business transactions follow legal and internal policies. Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
This position will work closely with and report to our CEO and COO, assisting all executives in the organization on remaining in compliance to each market across the company footprint. Key qualities this candidate should carry includes management and analytical skills, exemplifying dimensions of adaptability, problem solving and versatility. Desired work ethic for this role is comprised of being detail oriented, highly organized, positive, enthusiastic, eager to learn and a good communicator.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Oversee, and improve, the company’s comprehensive compliance program ensuring that every level of the operation acts within the state and municipal regulations and assists in creating a culture of adherence to the highest level of compliance.
- Ability to read and interpret regulations, guidance documents, policy changes and regulatory inspection observations and responses. Ability to work with executives and communicate abstract concepts. Ability to present to a high level of the organization and groups outside of the organization
- Review and evaluate company compliance issues for executives and employees
- Monitor and report compliance issues to the CEO and COO’s attention and oversee any corrective actions that occur
- Oversees a compliance data analytics program to monitor business activity for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, identify key risk indicators, timely identify, escalate and mitigate compliance risks.
- Drive the organization to establish and continually improve best in class processes and practices. Promote the development of a company-wide understanding of the key elements related to quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and assist company in implementing action plans for high potential issues
- Review all operational policies and procedures, such as: quality control, record keeping and reporting, staffing plans, human resources policies, staff training, business records for accounting administration and operations standards
- Build and work with appropriate vendors and state departments to initiate systems in place for carrying out compliance obligations
- Revise company policies and procedures as needed,
- Audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses and potential improvements
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with preference to candidates with a masters, or juris doctorate. Experience in cannabis compliance, pharmaceutical manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, or related compliance experience with at least 5+ years aggregate experience leading quality assurance programs and or performing audits for tightly regulated industries.
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration or Economics or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Ability to effectively train and lead national/regional teams
- Track record of inclusive talent development and mentorship that resulted in improved business performance and growth opportunities for employees
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior leadership
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Track record of establishing and implementing processes and executing to a clear goal.
- Demonstrate practice of constructive engagement and the confidence to challenge and be challenged to achieve the best strategies and solutions
- Travel required: 30%
Holistic Industries offers benefits that reflect our commitment we have to our employees.
● Competitive Compensation
● Comprehensive health and dental insurance
● Paid vacation and holidays
Please note, drug testing and a background check is a requirement for employment.
To apply for this position, please click on the following link and complete the application, as well as upload your resume: