Title: Associate Wellness Director
Reporting to: Wellness Director
Direct Reports: Wellness Associates (fulfillment, inventory, security, cashiers, runners)
Location: Rockville, MD
The Liberty Associate Wellness Director (LWAD) provides operationally focused leadership to the store staff and drives efficiency in back of store operations in support of Liberty’s Vision, Mission and Values. This person will partner with and learn from the Liberty Wellness Director (LWD) to effectively guide the operations of the store and provide the ultimate Liberty Patient Experience. With a primary focus on the back of house operations, the LWAD supports the LWD through employee training, performance management and upholding policy and procedures. Specifically, the LWAD is responsible for inventory, fulfillment, shipping and receiving.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provides strong operationally focused leadership and partners effectively with the LWD
- Performs store opening and closing duties
- Oversees all back office functions including: security arrangements; fulfillment, processing, shipping and receiving, cashiering, physical plant, delivery operations, staff scheduling
- Supervise Wellness Associates, conducting performance reviews and monitoring employee productivity, attitudes and performance results
- Inventory manager: prepares weekly reorders for LWD approval, manages the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies. Resolves all inventory discrepancies.
- Performs MOD duties in rotation
- Crafts and delivers OMM’s when necessary
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations, and directly supervise activity within the dispensary in the absence of the LWD and as directed
Ensures that Liberty successfully executes its Vision, Mission, Values, and business objectives while upholding company policy and procedures. Providing an exceptional Liberty brand experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of retail management experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience in the medical cannabis industry is highly desirable
- Medical background a plus
- Must be 21 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check and drug test (Testing positive for cannabis is allowed if candidate possesses a valid MMJ certificate from their state of residence)
- Demonstrated passion for serving medical cannabis patients and basic knowledge of cannabis product and applications
- Proven ability to manage teams effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly comfortable with technology
- Experience in complex fast-paced environments
- Highly efficient and organized - detail oriented
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including: listening, coaching & training
- Strong leadership, project management & time management skills
- Warm, kind and caring attitude
Culture and Work Environment
Liberty is dedicated to elevating the future of cannabis through outstanding products, innovative processes, expert education and value for our patients and partners. Liberty strives to provide the best in patient care and empowers employees to work hand-in-hand with the retailers we serve and the communities in which we work.
Our team is comprised of the nation’s most knowledgeable experts in cannabis cultivation and medical dispensing, including professionals who are at the top of their fields in medicine, security, agriculture, real estate, and the legal distribution of highly controlled substances. Our leadership includes public servants, clergy, thought leaders, investors, and representatives of one of the most respected agricultural companies in Maryland.
Founded in 2014, Liberty’s parent company, Holistic Industries, was the first cultivation center to open in Washington D.C. and the first to bring CBD to market. Today Holistic Industries owns and operates eleven medical cannabis facilities in three states and the District of Columbia – and we continue to grow! These facilities include cultivation centers, where we produce the highest quality, safest medical cannabis available; processing centers, where we develop and package medical cannabis products; and dispensaries, stores where we ensure our patients and customers receive the treatments they need and deserve.
At Holistic Industries and Liberty, our top priority is to provide access to quality, safe medicine. We care about our patients, customers and associates, and their experience interacting with our brand.
To Apply For This Position, please click the following link and complete the application, as well as upload your resume: